Friday, September 12, 2008

Not Philosophy, just my Opinion

May 15, 2008


Today is a strange day.  Only because it's not what it's suppose to be.  I don't know how it's suppose to be.  I only know what I thought it should be like it wasn't like.

Today is my anniversary.  Yep.  4 years ago today I was married.

So is it only a strange day because nothing happened that should?   And the reason I think it's only strange and not sad is because I don't know who made up the idea of what  romance was or should be like anyway.  

Romance is kind of like waiting in line for a  really scary, really high roller coaster for the first time.  The anticipation is electrifying.  The closer you get to the front of the line, the greater the electricity, the excitement.  Even when you're sitting, strapped down your heart is flying out of your chest.  Then the ride begins.  Up, down, twist and turn.  Oohs, aahs and blehs.  Then the ride is over and you might say “Wow! That was fun.”  And it's over.  There is no way to bring back that excitement and thrill again of the first time.  The next time you stand in line for that roller coaster, even if it's a year or two later, the feelings will never be the same as they were that first time.  

So.  Why do we keep standing in line for the same roller coaster, expecting the same result we had the first time?

It’s time to move on to the merry-go-round.  It’s a place we can be, content and happy.  Knowing there isn’t going to be the ‘newness’ thrill...so we don’t expect it, making us all the more pleasant to live with.

And of course, maybe I say this to make myself feel better...thus easier to live with!